Monday, September 6, 2010

NYC - Week 1 Recap

I finally have a chance to just sit and veg out here in NYC. I've been here for just about a week now and my legs are tired from walking so much! (Not that I am complaining, I'm just not used to it yet.) Freddy has been taking me everywhere...from East Village, to Chinatown, to SoHo, to the Lower East Side, to West Village...mainly in lower Manhattan. It's so easy to walk through so many neighborhoods. It's my 5th time here in NYC, so there is not a lot of touristy things I want to see. (Although I am still making it a priority to Coney Island on this visit.)

So what have I been doing? Mainly, eating at yummy places along our walks. Going out at night for some (expensive) drinks (I will miss Seattle for cheap drinks). Going to bed late and waking up late. (But it's ok, because I will be totally fine when I get back to the West Coast since 4am=1am and 1pm=10am. See?)

NYC is pretty fun, but overwhelming. Never really thought I would feel like that, since I have been here before and loved it, but I think I am getting old (!). I'm not sure if I could live here very long given the chance. Just being here makes me feel like I need to take advantage of all that NYC has to offer...which is a TON of stuff, from nightlife, to shopping, to dining, to culture...it's quite a lot. And of course, this stuff ain't all free. I am amazed that so many people live here and are able to sustain the lifestyle they have. I can't imagine what kind of income I'd have to make to live comfortably in NYC.

Anyways, I will post photos of the restaurant spots shortly.

No comments: