Friday, September 24, 2010

Lantern Festival And Fire Dragon Festival

I arrived just in time to join the Mid-Autumn festivities. There was a Latern Carnival and Fire Dragon Festival in Tin Hau on the same night. It was already the second day of the three day celebration, but I'm glad I was able to even catch it at the right time.

The Fire Dragon Festival was really neat. A giant dragon is made out of thousands of incense sticks, which are lit, as volunteers parade around the grounds. I couldn't get a really good picture to capture the dragon; I wish I could have captured the smell too because the incense was very fragrant.

Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance

Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance

Right down the block was the Lantern Carnival in Victoria Park. I didn't understand the scope of this Carnival, but it was huge! The crowds were pretty overwhelming, especially having just arrived to HK that day, but I made it through and took some nice photos. All the kiddies had their own lanterns or other light-ups like glow sticks and wands. It's a cool family-fun event.

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

IMG_0526
Cute little airplane lantern. And kid!

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Mid-Autumn Lantern Carnival

Happy Mid-Autumn Moon!

No comments: