Thursday, September 16, 2010

Boston Day Trip

IMG_0149

The East Coast is awesome for traveling state to state because everything is so close. Since I was in NYC, I took a 4-hr bus ride to Boston for a day trip to visit Angie, my dear childhood best friend. Sad to say though, all my visits to Boston (all 3) have only been day trips. Even though it's a smaller city than NYC, I wouldn't mind staying a couple days in Boston just to have a change of pace. It turned out to be a nice little get away from Manhattan.

So with less then 24 hours in Boston, I managed to check out a couple bars, grab a late brunch, and take a stroll in Boston Common. I can't remember the name of the first bar we went to, but we ended the night at Middlesex, a bar with a dance floor, Cambridge. It was really fun! Great energy, awesome music (R&B/Hip Hop/Disco), and everyone was just having a good time dancing.

IMG_0142

The next day, we had the perfect brunch at The Paramount in Beacon Hill. We split a simple stack of pancakes, eggs, hash, and sausage...couldn't ask for anything more for that meal.

IMG_0143

After finishing brunch, we walked it off at Boston Common. It was a beautiful day in the park and everyone was out and about. I think we encounted at least 4 wedding parties walking around/taking photos.

IMG_0150

IMG_0160

IMG_0161

All in all a lovely trip! Wish I could have stayed longer.

*Little Travel Note*
The last time I went to Boston from NYC, I took the Chinatown Fung Wah bus, but that wasn't a good experience. It was raining that night, and on a full bus, I happened to get the one seat where rain dripped onto my lap! Luckily, I had a plastic bag at the time and just had to sit with it on my lap for 4 hours. This time, I tried out BoltBus, which was just as cheap as the Chinatown buses, plus it included free wi-fi. The wi-fi didn't work on my bus up to Boston, but it did on the bus back to NYC. Overall, more comfortable than the Chinatown bus, so I'd take it again.

No comments: