Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Japan Day 1: Kyoto

Rick, Wendy, Dan, and I got into Osaka Kansai Airport in the late evening. By the time we figured out how to take the JR train to Kyoto, ride the train for almost an hour, and then finally arrive in Kyoto, it was pretty late. We had a short 10-min walk from Kyoto train station to our hostel, K's House. After checking in, we went in search of food, and luckily, the hostel recommended a few late night spots in the area.

We checked into Donguri (about 2 blocks from K's House), where I had a Negi-yaki mix served on a warm grill that was the size of basically 80% of the table. The Kujo-leeks were yummy and refreshing. I felt like I hadn't eaten my vegetables in Hong Kong.

IMG_0839

IMG_0838

Afterwards, I split an ice cream sundae with Rick: 2 black sesame ice cream scoops, red beans, mochi balls, whipped cream, and a crunchy wafer/cookie all on top of a matcha cake. I liked the dessert better than my dinner.

IMG_0840

No comments: