Monday, October 4, 2010

Japan Day 7: Tokyo - Last Day!

I spent most of the day actually in the hotel. With Rick's executive level hotel room/service (thank you, Rick's travel points!), we got to use the spa; so great for our aching feet! The spa was Japanese style, so they had separate ones for men and women because swimsuits were not allowed. The great thing was that I had the spa all to myself.

After the spa, I walked around the Shinjuku area one last time, and grabbed some snacks for my shuttle ride over to the airport.

Shinjuku
Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower
Shinjuku

Even though my flight was at 6pm, the Narita International Airport is about an hour and a half away from Tokyo, so my last day was not very long. There is an express train to the airport, but it costs twice as much as a shuttle (also called airport limo). Having spent enough money in Japan, I opted for the limo, and it got me there in time and just fine. (Good thing I saved money from the ride over, because I spent the last of my yen on a small box of Tokyo Banana and Sakura Matcha Kit Kat at the airport!)

Bought Tokyo Banana in Tokyo!
Sakura and Matcha Kit Kat

Overall, it was a great trip, and I would love to come back and see other parts of Japan and visit new friends too! Thank you, Japan!

Shinjuku

No comments: