Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting Ready for Halloween

For once, I don't have to think about what am I going to do this year for Halloween in the States. I don't have to look for the best party to spend the night at, or try to think of a super creative costume for one of those nights that is totally hyped up, and usually a let down. But you know, I am a little sad I am going to miss it (especially dressing up! 3 costumes just for last year, aww yeah). Thailand does not celebrate Halloween; but why would they? It's a Buddhist country.

But...Isara is going to celebrate! We are throwing a party on Friday, instead of holding classes. I am more excited for the kids to celebrate it really. It's definitely a children's holiday. We spent a lot of time today decorating the main classroom by making posters, coloring cartoons and blowing up balloons. We only had one class today, but there were a lot of kids helped out. They are very excited for tomorrow.

Here are some photos of everyone getting ready....

My Class Making Jack O'Lanterns
Señor Pumpkin
Halloween Prep
Halloween Prep: Jan & Elva
Halloween Prep
Halloween Prep

I'll post pictures of the actual halloween party when they are ready.

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: