Saturday, November 18, 2006

“¿Te gusta zùo shè ma?”

If you were able to read that, this is how I have been trying to communicate here. “Te gusta” is “do you like” in Spanish, and “zùo shè ma” is “to do [What]”. I have technically at least 7 years of Spanish under my belt (4 years in grade school and 3 years in highschool), but without practice and use, it’s pretty much gone down the drain. So when I am thinking of how to say something in Spanish to someone, I end up filling the blanks with Madarin or Cantonese because I studied those languages recently in the past 4 years. It sounds natural for me for some reason, even though it would only make sense to someone else who speaks Spanish, Cantonese, and Madarin. Luckily, Joy, who speaks Madarin, understood what I was talking about. Most of the time.

No comments: