Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day 7 - Laguna de Apoyo, Catarina, Coyotepe/Christy’s Last Night

Another day of touring...but it was so nice! Oliver took me, Christy, Irené, and a new friend Betzeyda, to Laguna de Apoyo, a beautiful lake that lies in the crater of the Apoyo Volcano. It was pretty amazing to see yourself surrounded by a volcano! The water was clean, with little fish swimming around the shores.

* I forgot to mention, we ran into our Canadian/Costa Rican friend, Ryan here!

Look, I'm swimiming!!
Look, I’m swimiming!!

Catarina
On top of the crater in Catarina

After swimming in the lake, we drove up to the Catarina to see the view. I couldn’t really take a good photo of the entire lake, but it was really neat to see the lake from a different perspective. If you look really hard, you can see Granada in the background.

Coyotepe
Betzetya, Christy, Irené, and me.

After Catarina, we went to Coyotepe, an old fort overlooking Masaya. We went on the underground tour to see the old cells, which are all graffitied on, and we even ran into a few bats.

Coyotepe
Coyotepe

Coyotepe
Coyotepe

Coyotepe
Coyotepe

Tortugas!
Tortugas!

Before going out that night, we stopped by Irené’s house. She had such an assortment of pets...turtles, toucans, parakeets, a dog, and I bet there were other animals hidden elsewhere too!

Snack Attack
Snack Attack

It was the last hurrah night for Christy, so, of course, we had to go out. We went to Cafe Nuit, and for some reason, there sure were a lot of gringos that night. I guess when Christy and I walked in with Irené, Betzetya, Vanessa, and Meling (all local Masayan girls), these two American guys were completely confused. One of them came up to me and started asking me questions about why I was there and how I knew Christy (as if I can’t possiblely know other people than Chinese people?!) and how I knew the locals...it was funny to think of how he saw that. Oh yeah, and to explain things to him, I told him Christy and I were adopted sisters and we were in Nicaragua in search of our birth mother.

Cafe Nuit
Cafe Nuit
Vanessa, Christy, Oliver, and Meling.
We all danced and Christy had a last run with the Nicaraguan club hits.

No comments: