Friday, November 17, 2006

Oliver and Chris's Place

Tuesday: We woke up semi-refreshed. I shared an air mattress with Christy, so on top of the 2 hour time difference, not having slept that much the previous night, and then waking up in a new setting, I was feeling pretty disoriented. But it was such a nice scene to wake up to! Oliver down plays his apartment, but I think it’s pretty nice. See the photos below!

This is my “home” in Nicaragua for the next several weeks. I love this part of the place. There is an open space above the center of the apartment pretty much. You can see the blue (or grey) sky when you wake up, as well as the antenna and satellite dish! The room behind the cinderblocks is the kitchen, and adjacent to that is the entry/living room, although it is currently unfurnished. I heard in a few months that should change.

And by the way, Oliver best described his living situation as “it’s like camping, but in a house!”

Masaya-courtyard
Masaya-Oliver and Chris’s courtyard

Masaya-courtyard
Masaya-Oliver and Chris’s courtyard

Do you see the bright blue drum barrel? It reads “Methyne Chloride”. It’s empty, but I still have to ask the boys about that.

Masaya-"living room"
Masaya-”living room”

This is where they nerd it up. I mean make Hecho magic happen. (Hecho is their design company!)

No comments: