Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Survived...25 Days in Myanmar

I left Yangon, Myanmar yesterday, after 25 days in the country. I have to say I feel pretty relieved right now. Towards the latter half of my stay, I finally got burnt out on traveling, mainly because traveling in Myanmar was just draining. It was not as easy to travel there, compared to the other SE Asian countries I had been too, and it finally took it's toll. By the 19th day in Myanmar (18.5 weeks/4 months into my trip to be exact), I just wanted to go home. We scrambled through 12 cities total during our 25 days. Maybe if we hadn't pushed to go everywhere, I wouldn't feel this way, but honestly, I don't think I would go back to Myanmar to spend more time there. Well, maybe to go to Mrauk-U, but that is a whole different travel situation.

No comments: