Sunday, August 15, 2010

SF - Taiyaki

Taiyaki

Red Bean Taiyaki

One place I always have to stop by whenever I am in Japantown is the little Taiyaki stand. (It's located in the Japan Center, where most of the restaurants are.) Taiyaki is basically a pastry treat made with waffle batter, which is poured into a fish-shaped mold, and a sweet filling. They have more flavors now, but since I haven't had one in a while, I had to get the original red bean filling. It was so good! Make sure to get yours heated, so you have a nice little crust and the filling is warm. So glad I stopped in to get one. I'll have to try the chocolate banana one next time.

1 comment:

s-fizzle said...

mmm i love these things! my mom buys them from the korean market and fries me up some every once in awhile....... yum!